Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Cloak's success story

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#51 Freedom Rising

Freedom Rising
  • Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:07 PM

I'm a newbie here.
I've spent so much time reading letters and transcipts and FDCPA, FCRA, FCBA and other posts about credit (taking an occasional break to read the General Forum) and I haven't even touched on the success stories...until today.

I realized that I needed to take my own advise and get me some inspiration.
I've been looking at this entire process as if it were a war between me and "them".

What a BEAUTIFUL house, my goodness.....CONGRATULATIONS :dntknw:

Truly inspiring.

Thank you for helping me change my focus and giving me something to look forward to.

Edited by Freedom Rising, 02 February 2006 - 03:08 PM.

#52 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 03:22 PM

I'm a newbie here.
I've spent so much time reading letters and transcipts and FDCPA, FCRA, FCBA and other posts about credit (taking an occasional break to read the General Forum) and I haven't even touched on the success stories...until today.

I realized that I needed to take my own advise and get me some inspiration.
I've been looking at this entire process as if it were a war between me and "them".

What a BEAUTIFUL house, my goodness.....CONGRATULATIONS :)

Truly inspiring.

Thank you for helping me change my focus and giving me something to look forward to.

Thanks Freedom! It's hard to believe when I think about how it was in March 05 vs how it is today for me credit wise and just life wise. No one would touch me with a 10 ft credit pole just 10 months ago.

It's just really amazing what this place has done for me and many others. Hopefully your story plays out similar or even better than mine. Good luck!

:rofl:

#53 Shelis

Shelis
  • Newbies
  • 6 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 09:22 PM

Thanks for sharing your story and congratulations on your credit success. You have a beautiful home. Wow! :clapping:

#54 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 02 February 2006 - 11:29 PM

Thanks Shelis! Hopefully you find similar success in your credit journey.

:blush2:

#55 idamae

idamae
  • Members
  • 1,024 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Cloak,

I remember when you got those two Delta Amex cards. I was so happy for you!!! It is so good to see that you have come so far. Enjoy your home!!!! Congrats!!!

#56 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 03 February 2006 - 02:42 PM

Thanks ida! You have been one of the more supporting posters around since the beginning for me. I can't thank you and the others enough!

:grin: :)

#57 stevie

stevie
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 04:11 PM

Cloak - What a fab story! I'm nearly clean on my credit w/exception to 1 pd collection with EX and one C/O with EQ (they are a pain). I've disputed - tried the 1-2 punch..still there. My total cl is about 2K only 500 is tied up. Current FICO:
TU 658
EX 638
EQ 618
Found a house that I want to buy (Build) - think if I get some more TL with nice Credit lines might bump my scores out of the subprime area. Did you experience itnital drops after applying for your kay and Amex cards or an immediate bump? I'm at a cross roads - not sure which path to take.

:blink: :angry: :huh: congrats again on your sucecss and enjoy that beautiful home...I hope to be there soon as well.

#58 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 05:34 PM

stevie,

First off thanks for the kudos! It took awhile for AMEX to report but when they did I did have a decent sized score bump. I have one TL from 1995 (installment on an auto) that was never late and it helped the average age a lot. They still penalize me for having mostly newer TL's but when it came mortgage time the broker was very happy to see the major score boosts. As long as you can get the derogs off of there and spend a little time building up some new positive TL's you should be in the same boat I am. I still have one ugly TL from 2000 on EX but other than that it's pretty smooth sailing.

Good luck and good job on getting those derogs down!

:clapping:

#59 Melanie1978

Melanie1978
  • Members
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 12:07 AM

Cloak&Dagger

Thanks so much for posting your success. I really needed to read something inspiring today. Your house is amazing!

So I take it your in your new house now. It must feel so great and comforting. I hope to be there too this year.

:grin: :D :D

#60 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 08 February 2006 - 03:53 PM

Hi Mel! Yes we are in the house as of 1/13 and we are loving every minute of it (though the window treatments are driving me nuts. DW keeps going back and forth on what she wants so we've had so many JC Penney boxes come and go I feel like a JC Penney distribution center). :aggressive:

It's getting there...but we really love the place. Thanks to CB and hard work we got there.

:rolleyes:

#61 lescsotin

lescsotin
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 01:35 PM

:yahoo:

Just to let everyone know I updated the picture of the house on the web...we are now 18 days in and loving every minute of it!

Thank you CB!!!

:huh: :yahoo: :yahoo:

WOW!! I have been a member of CB since 2004 however this is my first time posting and i have to say YOU ARE AWESOME!! CB helped me out a lot when I was trying to purchase a home back in 2004 and I did however I let a few things slip thru the crack and want to correct it and your story is exactly what I needed to fix it! Thanks.

#62 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 09 February 2006 - 02:09 PM

Thanks les! I am really :o you have been a member for so long and your first post comes in my success story. Thank you for that...I hope my story inspires as many CB'ers as possible!

Good luck...and congrats on your house as well!

:P

#63 Encee71

Encee71
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 02:48 PM

CONGRATS TO YOU CLOAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for sharing your story. I read it once before, but forgot to respond to it. It is really inspiring to hear something like that.

Edited by Encee71, 10 February 2006 - 02:49 PM.

#64 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 February 2006 - 05:04 PM

Thanks encee! :yahoo:

Hopefully it inspires you and more CB'ers to not give up the fight! :yahoo:

#65 mstigerlily

mstigerlily
  • Members
  • 523 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:01 PM

Thanks encee! :blush:

Hopefully it inspires you and more CB'ers to not give up the fight! :aggressive:

Your house is really, really beautiful. I am jealous. That is a 1.5 million dollar house out here in So. Cal. Is it just the two of you, you and your wife? It looks HUGE!!!

I am just starting out here and really enjoyed reading your story. In fact, reading this the other day inspired me to apply for an AMEX which I got and have never had before. Can't wait to try for more but going to wait awhile. Can't wait to get the HiltonHHonors one - I am already an HHonors member and have points on there already, we stay at Embassy Suites whenever we travel.

#66 Sadeyes

Sadeyes
  • Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 11 February 2006 - 02:50 PM

Wow.. thats really does give me hope! And u said you disputed all of ur negs to the CRA's as "not mine" and they dropped off? About how long was that process?? You'll have to excuse the questions, I know u r celebrating but I am astounded! LOL.. As of a few days ago I have 10 negs. (incl. 4 hospital collections) and 5 positive in good standing... I dont care what anyone says, student loans are looking pretty good right now! they are the ONLY good things on my report. I havent recieved my score yet but a couple of years ago it was about 530.. and when i hear people stories in here about being approved Im like HOW, My score is higher than that..lol..

So my question is how do you suggest I approach the negs once I have all 3 reports in hand?

Im just starting this, and I am ready to go in with both guns blazing..

So ANY advice from ANYONE is welcome right now! :lol:

#67 sunny06

sunny06
  • Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 10:15 PM

Wow C & D! So motivating and inspiring! I've been reading and reading for over a month now and was feeling a little down in the dumps today ;) For the first time since being here, I decided to check the success stories....you made my day! I had a BK7 in 2002 and dh is in the middle of BK13 (both BKs related to illness). Luckily we're both healthy now and psyched to move on. Your story has really motivated us!

Also encouraging to hear that you're a procrastinator and still able to achieve this amazing accomplishment. You are totally awesome!! :good:

#68 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 03:56 PM

lily thank you thank you thank you!!! I'm very happy you got your AMEX and joined the club! :lol:

We're loving the house...no there are a couple of rugrats besides the two of us (15 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son from her first marraige) so we're very glad to have the extra room (they drive us crazy when they're around but at that age I guess it's the job they have :rofl: ). Thier Dad's house is close to us so we can switch off with him every other week.

You'll LOVE Hhonors...you get a major point boost and a level boost when you sign up so you should be able to hit the ground running once you get one. :rofl:

Good luck!

#69 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:02 PM

Sad first off thanks! A few certainly dropped off right away but not all of them. I have had to mix a lot of 1-2 punches with some BBB and AG complaints and letters (even emails in one case) to higher ups at some of the dastardly CA's but it really worked out for me going through the process from step one.

All I can say here is to not give up when it seems dark...I could've definately done that (and thought I would have to until I found this place). Ask questions in the credit forum and there will be answers upon answers from a lot of people who know a lot about this industry and how to deal with the negative TL's. I would definately read PsychDoc's seminars and the newbie forum as much as possible. Everything you could ever want to know is in there. I can definately say Good Luck and I hope you end up in a similar place to me!

#70 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 13 February 2006 - 04:05 PM

Sunny thanks! (and don't give up!) Yes I am one of the world's worst procrastinators but I knew I had to do this for myself and for my family and I'm glad I did. This place is the reason I have a big smile on my face!

Thanks and good luck to you and DH...hopefully you'll get to post your story up here!

:blush:

#71 trenton

trenton
  • Members
  • 64 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 08:56 AM

Sunny thanks! (and don't give up!) Yes I am one of the world's worst procrastinators but I knew I had to do this for myself and for my family and I'm glad I did. This place is the reason I have a big smile on my face!

Thanks and good luck to you and DH...hopefully you'll get to post your story up here!

:clapping:

Cloak and Dagger
I tried Pm'ing you several days ago but since I am new, I don't think I am allowed yet. I have read your success story so many times- once a day for inspiration. I felt like I was reading my own story. I have paid cash for everything for the past three years- had a run down car, single mom, bills piling in (mostly medical from 2002 and 99) anyway I won't go on.
Thanks for posting your story. I just pray I will have a success story to post like you one day.Your house is incredibly beautiful
[color=#CC33CC]

#72 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:47 AM

Trenton thank you!! There are a lot of people here that helped me along the way and still are helping me keep things in check. It's nice to know we have a support group as strong as this board that can help us get to where we want to go. I owe everything to this place (and to myself!) for finally getting up the nerve to clean up my act (and my reports!)

You're right...hopefully you will have your story up here and I will get the chance to return the kudos!

;)

#73 teja

teja
  • Members
  • 113 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 02:17 PM

That is great I am a newbie just starting. I hope I can be as successful as you. Thanks for the encouragement :cry2: :beee:

#74 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 15 March 2006 - 03:24 PM

That is great I am a newbie just starting. I hope I can be as successful as you. Thanks for the encouragement :clapping: :dntknw:

teja thanks and welcome to the boards!!! Good luck on your credit repair journey!

#75 Sultan

Sultan
  • Members
  • 3,699 posts

Posted 19 March 2006 - 11:33 PM

WOW, I've read this and I serious can only say I am befuddled in awe.

Everyone here seems to be a cumulative powerful force in the universe.

I really don't have the words to express how happy I am when I hear stuff like this.

Just keep this up! EVERYONE!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.