Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Cloak's success story

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#26 mamiof3

mamiof3
  • Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:06 PM

WOW awesome. it's BEAUTIFUL! So happy for you! :glare:

#27 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:05 AM

Awesome job!!! Gives me hope!!! Were you within SOL or outside when you did all your disputing?? That's my biggest fear.  Pretty much one more year and they are all SOL.  Congrats on the house, it will be beautiful!!!!  Thanks for sharing your experience and success!!

Chicaloca

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most were outside SOL...though definately not all of them. I would say about 70 percent were outside SOL...30 percent within SOL (but no one sued to collect...so I guess in a way I was lucky).

I know the waiting is hard...but I think you'll have a much easier time of it if you're out of SOL.

Thanks and good luck!

;)

#28 Deaf CEO

Deaf CEO
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:13 AM

;) Cloak ya go !!!!!!!! WOW!

THAT IS A BEAUTIFUL CRIB!!!! SOMETHING LIKE THAT IN GA would cost $300,000 to and up ......

WOW!

I WANT TO GET A BOX OF KLEENEX...... THERE IS A LIFE AT THE END OF THE TUNNEL

never mind i got the answer to my own question?

Let me ask you this.. is there a some sort of tool that I can use to figure out how much house i can realistically afford..... I trying to get a $300,000 house I currently live in a $150,000 house with my wife. But we paying tooooo much $$$ for it... and i am leery of all these internet offers for loan .. but it seem like they are interest only loans.. ie.. $160,000 for only $600 a month??? and we paying $1020 a month with 6% interest rate on a 30 year loan.... but I am like we need to refinance esp if we arent going to be here for the rest of our life..... I like my house but I dont like the lack of closet space.. it amazing what ya can culiminate in 3 year short year of marriage lol

Edited by Deaf CEO, 08 November 2005 - 10:34 AM.

#29 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:31 AM

Thanks CEO! Check this link (it's in the newbie forum...you should definately read everything you can in there):

http://creditboards....hp?showtopic=32

TU = Trans Union...one of our 3 (not-so) friendly CRA's. :)

#30 Deaf CEO

Deaf CEO
  • Members
  • 603 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 10:40 AM

thank Cloak... i appericate ya telling me about dem awful TransUnion :glare:

#31 sml1997

sml1997
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

Wow!!! Cloak, this is truly an amazing story. I am new to this website, and I am totally encouraged by everything I read on here. I am right now, exactly where you started off. I am even planning on proposing to my girlfriend of 6 years. When I saw the picture of your house, I had to stop myself from shedding a tear, because of course "Men don't cry". But if we did, your story would be the one to cause it. Thanks for being an encouragement to us all.

God Bless!
:P

-Sam (sml1997)

#32 BlueGhost

BlueGhost
  • Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 04:16 PM

Congrats cloak...

I hope to soon be following in your footsteps :dntknw:

I have three CA's with t atotal of 6 derogs between trhem before I am 100% clean.

And following your post and others here since March of 2005 I have made great in roards to my goal to the 700 Club.

As you said...with out CB here to illuminate that light at the end of the tunnel I think I would have crawled under a rug and not come ouit for a LONG time.

As Cloak sez..Thanks Pam, LKH, breeze and crew...

Again VERY BIG CONGRATS on the new home.

:beee:

BG

#33 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 07:21 PM

Thanks Blue. As one of the CB'ers who seem to have a better grasp of the law than most...I know you're not far away from the finish line.

:yahoo: :D

#34 Nicole2320

Nicole2320
  • Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 04:22 PM

WTG C & D!!!! I must say that is real nice. A beautiful house

#35 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:05 PM

Wow!!! Cloak, this is truly an amazing story. I am new to this website, and I am totally encouraged by everything I read on here. I am right now, exactly where you started off. I am even planning on proposing to my girlfriend of 6 years. When I saw the picture of your house, I had to stop myself from shedding a tear, because of course "Men don't cry". But if we did, your story would be the one to cause it. Thanks for being an encouragement to us all.

God Bless!
:good:

-Sam (sml1997)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Sam! It's not impossible...I keep telling myself that every time we go up to look at that place. If you would've told me in Feb of 2005 when I first found this place I would be here today...I would've said you're nuts buddy!

I'm happy I can share my experiences with others...if it wasn't for this place I would not have a chance in you-know-where of building a place like this.

Dream come true (CHECK!)

:grin:

#36 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:07 PM

WTG C & D!!!! I must say that is real nice.  A beautiful house

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Nicole! :good:

It's got siding and drywall now...we're going up this weekend for more pics (and hoping there will be something on the front of it to see how we did with the color selection).

#37 Nicole2320

Nicole2320
  • Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 05:53 PM

I have a huge smile on my face....i am soo happy for you.

#38 BrwnEyedGirl

BrwnEyedGirl

The One it's All About!

• Members
  • 4,646 posts

Posted 23 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

Congrats Cloak!!! You deserve all the wonderful things you have received.

I love your new home. That house in the San Diego would be atleast 700k - 1 mil. LOL

Edited by SDMuse, 23 November 2005 - 05:29 PM.

#39 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 12:36 AM

:aggressive: Thanks Muse....I'd be happy to trade weather with you anytime!

#40 recruiting

recruiting
  • Members
  • 933 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 03:32 AM

GREAT WORK!! My only card was a secured crapone for 5 or so yrs so, there ya go!!

Again Woot!!

#41 unixkid

unixkid
  • Members
  • 398 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 04:02 AM

I got rejected by AMEX. I had a 650 in TU.

#42 ernestb48104

ernestb48104
  • Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 24 November 2005 - 09:33 PM

Beautiful new home.  Mind saying how much you bought it for?  Being a home owner in a newly built house feels great, doesnt it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's just over 3000 sq and we're paying just under 400k...thanks for the :o.

Yep...we are really excited! ;) I couldn't be there without CB...that's for sure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes congrats!!!!!!! Hard work pays off.. So I am closing on my new home on Thurs Dec 1st and its 2900 sq ft in the low $300's with a full basement, 3 cae side load, but I think you have much better view your on a hill :-)

#43 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 04:46 PM

Thanks everyone!

recruiting I hear ya....we were sub-prime to the core. :wave:

unix don't give up! Reconsideration is a great word and AMEX is pretty friendly in my past experiences.

ernest CONGRATS on the new house!!! I'm sure it's a beauty. I hope to be joining you shortly as a fellow homeowner. :blink:

#44 Amia

Amia
  • Members
  • 122 posts

Posted 13 January 2006 - 09:53 AM

I noticed that you are closing on your house today!
Congratulations on your success! :grin:

#45 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:58 PM

Thanks Amia!!!!

Just to let everyone know...we have officially closed!!!

I couldn't have done it without CB...thank you everyone!!!
:P :P ;)

#46 Hawtness

Hawtness
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:05 PM

Congrats. This is my first day to these boards & your story is exactly what I needed to read to see that there is hope. Thanks for sharing & I look forward to reading more great stuff on these boards. :P

#47 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 10:15 PM

Thanks Hawtness and welcome to the CB family! This place is definately the right place if you want help along the way.

Good luck on your journey!

#48 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:02 AM

Just to let everyone know I updated the picture of the house on the web...we are now 18 days in and loving every minute of it!

Thank you CB!!!

:clapping: :yahoo: :yahoo:

#49 NaturalLove

NaturalLove
  • Members
  • 208 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 12:11 PM

Hi C&D,

Congratulations to you! This is only my second post, but I have been following this thread since I found these boards last month. Your story is truly inspiring and you seem to have no problem sharing your experiences.

NL

#50 Cloak&Dagger

Cloak&Dagger
  • Members
  • 2,262 posts

Posted 29 January 2006 - 01:00 PM

Thanks NL! I know what it's like to be on the really low end of the credit world...giving back to me is a no-brainer considering where I was when I found this place vs where I am today.

Hopefully you find your journey as fulfilling as mine has been. Good luck!

:stop:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.