Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Fees

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:21 PM

What are considered normal and customary fees when purchasing a new vehicle. This will be a cash deal.........

#2 the F&I car guy

the F&I car guy
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:28 PM

depends on what state.....
Looks like you are in texas:
IN TEXAS

You have to pay the following:
1. sales tax
2. license $2.50 if they are good $71.30 (normal) if you need tags
3. title $33.00

THAT's IT

Fees they try to make you pay:

1. Dealer inventory tax....there tax they can pass on to you but it is not required

2. doc fee...never required

#3 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 09 October 2003 - 07:31 PM

Thanks, I plan on buying tomorrow - I'll be sure and post my findings. I'm holding all the cards in this deal, if they try to f*ck me, I'm walking. (I plan on telling them that up front :twisted: ).

Oh yeah, if you need a mortgage, give me a yell...

• Guests

Posted 09 October 2003 - 10:39 PM

Need....

For the best deal, shouldn't yuu be waiting until the LAST DAY of the month. If F&I Guy said it once....he's said it a thousand times.

#5 willtygart

willtygart
  • Members
  • 1,098 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:45 AM

wow cash for a car, must be doing well in tx with the loans nin or you hit erl out there in the gulf while drillin :wink:

and the best way for a mortgage guy to get a good deal is to get screwed on a 30k car deal and then do the car salesman's 350k home loan :(

Yes Dacman...people do have 350k loans :wink:

#6 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 07:14 AM

wow cash for a car, must be doing well in tx with the loans nin or you hit erl out there in the gulf while drillin :wink:

and the best way for a mortgage guy to get a good deal is to get screwed on a 30k car deal and then do the car salesman's 350k home loan :lol:

Yes Dacman...people do have 350k loans :wink:

Yes, I'm fabulously wealthy. (Actually, I got a blank check from Capital One :roll: ).

Hurray on the 350k Home Loan, I could use one of those.......

#7 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 07:18 AM

Need....

For the best deal, shouldn't yuu be waiting until the LAST DAY of the month. If F&I Guy said it once....he's said it a thousand times.

I've been watching the market for several weeks. I'm going to purchace the loss leader, ya know, the advertised special used to lure in shoppers. Really no dealing involved. If I can get a 03 Tahoe LS for under 23,990, I'll buy it any time of the month.

#8 the F&I car guy

the F&I car guy
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 10:12 AM

Need....

FOR THE BEST DEAL YOU ARE CORRECT!!!!!!!

#9 alonsoflor

alonsoflor
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 10 October 2003 - 12:02 PM

Does best deals apply for used cars as well? you know.... the last day of the month. What about the fees for used cars? (the F&I car guy don't forget about the list of cars I gave you) :wink:

Thanks!

#10 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 12:53 PM

OK, back from the dealer. I went shopping all day Friday, nobody would get the deal where I wanted it.

So, this morning I got the paper, found the vehicle I wanted (Loss Leader), drove to the dealership, and sat on the hood until somebody showed up.

I got a 2004 Suburban, with everything except leather, Onstar, and split tail gate (has cargo doors) in the color I wanted (Charcoal).

Grand total - 28160.16 out the door, including TTL. Hows that for a deal ?

#11 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 04:52 PM

Oh yeah, we left the dealership and went and picked up the kids - The 2 year old threw up in the back seat. So much for the new car smell. Oh well, we almost got 50 miles on it............ :cry:

#12 the F&I car guy

the F&I car guy
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 06:32 PM

Does best deals apply for used cars as well? you know.... the last day of the month. What about the fees for used cars? (the F&I car guy don't forget about the list of cars I gave you) :wink:  

Thanks!

Sure...end of the month is just quota time.....list of cars I gave you?????sorry

#13 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII

• Admin
  • 46,638 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 07:09 PM

LOL, it's been christened!!

Oh yeah, we left the dealership and went and picked up the kids - The 2 year old threw up in the back seat.  So much for the new car smell.  Oh well, we almost got 50 miles on it............ :cry:

#14 Credit Please

Credit Please

Self-Proclaimed Georgia's Queen of CB

• Members
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 07:21 PM

I got a 2004 Suburban, with everything except leather, Onstar, and split tail gate (has cargo doors) in the color I wanted (Charcoal).  

How'd you do that? those bugers go for all of 40k here or better!
what is a loss leader?

#15 NeedItNow

NeedItNow
  • Members
  • 945 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 10:44 PM

How'd you do that? those bugers go for all of 40k here or better!
what is a loss leader?

Yeah, sticker on this one was 42K. The loss leader is the one they advertise in the paper to generate traffic. They know they are going to lose money on it, but thats the price they are willing to pay to get people in the door.......

#16 Credit Please

Credit Please

Self-Proclaimed Georgia's Queen of CB

• Members
  • 3,627 posts

Posted 11 October 2003 - 10:57 PM

Yeah, sticker on this one was 42K. The loss leader is the one they advertise in the paper to generate traffic. They know they are going to lose money on it, but thats the price they are willing to pay to get people in the door.......

How sweet it is..... :(

#17 alonsoflor

alonsoflor
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 14 October 2003 - 12:21 PM

Thanks!

Sure...end of the month is just quota time.....list of cars I gave you?????sorry

Don't you remember? I pm you about it almost a month ago.

#18 alonsoflor

alonsoflor
  • Members
  • 2,350 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 01:15 PM

_____________^_______________________

#19 the F&I car guy

the F&I car guy
  • Members
  • 691 posts

Posted 16 October 2003 - 10:06 PM

i didn't get it..or at least i can't find it...sorry ...please repost

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.