Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

My sucess story

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

#51 creditstar

creditstar
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

Im glad to hear of your sucess and cant wait to tell mine.I just have one question for you,I have an account that was opened in 99 but closed in 2001 and its 2006 and their still reporting it. when Exactly can I dispute it in regards to the time line issue?

#52 edm

edm
  • Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:09 PM

How is it going currently?

#53 Zowie

Zowie
  • Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 04 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

Everyone, along with reading current posts read the newbie section, alot of your questions are answered there or psych docs seminars. I have been on this board for around 2 years and i still go to the newbie section and search, then if i can't find an answer i post a question. Everyone here is more than willing to help but read and read and read.

i started with lousy credit 2 years ago, when i bought a new car i was paying close to 20% interestwhich by the way i refinanced after 6 months being on here at 6% interest. Now my credit is considered excellent (FICO's are lowest 775 and highest 794 ,although i want to hit 800, lol) i have over $ 100,000.00 in available credit and i PIF each month, the only thing i buy and don't pay in full is big ticket items, furniture, etc. which i buy with a 0% interest card or transfer to a 0% card.

The main thing i have learned on this board is the majority of people screw their credit up at some point in their life, but you learn from it. i have busted my butt to fix my credit and now that i have good credit i will never screw it up, nor will i have to pay sky high interest rates to have a credit card (unless it is totally something beyond my control).

This board has been a godsend to me and i from the bottom of my heart thank each and everyone who has helped me along the way (whether it be, answering my questions or from what i have read in the newbie section, credit forum)

It doesn't happen overnight but it can be done. Good Luck!

#54 aviatorman

aviatorman
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 07:48 PM

nice

#55 edm

edm
  • Members
  • 1,729 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:37 PM

Super. What was Allied Interstate showing up such a major big mistake?

#56 talisadesigns

talisadesigns
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 06:15 PM

Greetings Everyone,

I'm a definite newbie. I am so happy that I found this board it has really been a life saver for me in just the few weeks that I have been a member. I have been reading these boards every single day and I am happy to say that I have experienced some positive results.

The first success I had came from Sallie Mae I had multiple student loans through them and I just recently consolidated all my loans with them but all of the other loans were still showing and some of them had deliquent payments, so I wrote them a letter and told them that I was trying to save for a house and get my credit together and I asked them if they would remove all the loans that had any negative reports and they responded within a week and told me that my request had been granted and to follow up with the credit agencies in about 5 weeks to make sure they updated my file.

Also too what I have been doing is keeping track of credit cards that I apply for financed by the same bank. Case in point I applied for Staples from my business and was approved for $750 and then I applied at Office Depot and was denied so I wrote them (Citibank) a letter asking them how they could approve me for Staples and then deny me for Office Depot, well just the other day I received an Office Depot card. The credit limit is only $250 but the point is had I just accepted the denial I would of had nothing.

Every card that I have been denied for I've written them a letter asking why and what I could do immediately so that I could be approved.

I am just loving all the information that I have found out by reading this site. Way to go Site Administrator!!!! :D

#57 Quietman

Quietman
  • Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:28 PM

That's outstanding! Keep up the good work!!

Quietman :D

#58 foreveratl

foreveratl
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 04:59 PM

Nice

#59 arlethjones1

arlethjones1
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:49 AM

wow! nice! wish to be like you, too!

#60 Alabama

Alabama
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 July 2011 - 02:24 PM

That is really impressive. The details on precisely what you did are very helpful and very encouraging. Congratulations and thanks!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.