Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

How you found creditboards

• Please log in to reply
955 replies to this topic

Poll: How did you find creditboards.com? (3186 member(s) have cast votes)

How did you find creditboards.com?

1. From another credit discussion board (643 votes [18.56%])

Percentage of vote: 18.56%

2. Voted From another non-credit discussion board (362 votes [10.45%])

Percentage of vote: 10.45%

3. I am one of the founding members (23 votes [0.66%])

Percentage of vote: 0.66%

4. Voted From a search engine (1513 votes [43.68%])

Percentage of vote: 43.68%

5. Voted A friend told me about CB (496 votes [14.32%])

Percentage of vote: 14.32%

6. From the "Smart Money" Magazine article (38 votes [1.10%])

Percentage of vote: 1.10%

7. From the Clark Howard show (25 votes [0.72%])

Percentage of vote: 0.72%

8. Voted Other (336 votes [9.70%])

Percentage of vote: 9.70%

9. Voted I'm not telling (28 votes [0.81%])

Percentage of vote: 0.81%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#576 night_rida00

night_rida00
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:07 AM

I found CB through google

#577 Nouvelle

Nouvelle
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:30 PM

I've been lurking for years, but never got serious about fixing my issues until I filed for the big DIVORCE!

--Nouvelle

#578 Credit Mama

Credit Mama
  • Members
  • 602 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 02:04 PM

Hi,
Im new here! Im here from word of mouth, here to fix up my e-worthiness.

#579 johnnyderp

johnnyderp

Bump Influence XXV

• Members
  • 387 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 11:36 AM

I found CB through google. SO glad I did!!!!

#580 j7n1o7

j7n1o7
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

I've been lurking for the past 2 weeks. Someone mentioned CB in a Facebook posting. Boy, I'm glad he did.

#581 Socalkat

Socalkat
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 February 2012 - 03:56 PM

I started CREDITBOARDS.COM!!! Really..........

Ask Breeze!! :lol:

I found this site googling how to remove medical collections from my credit report. All unpaid, single mom with no insurance and a daughter with reactive air way disease which required her to be intubated numerous times over the years, so I was trying to see how I can get them removed. There a multiple on my report some in excess of 10k. I have had to live in the same apartment for 5 years as I can't even move due to them reporting. Please understand they are valid bills, those doc's and hospitals saved my girl several times I just cant pay them. I make to much for medical, I dont make enough to buy my own insurance however have been approved for healthy families so at least there wont be anymore added on. I just cant move forward with my life, Ive even been denied jobs over my credit. If I could get them removed or at least a resolution I could buy a new manufatured home for myself and my kids.
Really??? Well then I would like to give you a big fat thanks for not only having the God given sense to grasp that good people need help, learn from mistakes and sometimes need more than a few second chances to get it right. I am new and am trying real hard to start by following directions with the newbie section " start here" , althouhg it is hard and I can only guess I am not the only one who got here a little late in the game and need help immediatley. But would like to thank all the people have been where I am and are giving back " paying it forward" in a way to help others rebuild there lives or just fix problems in there credit life that cause major issues in there real life. Although I have plans and dreams it took me along time to understand that even products from Walmart come with instruction manuals Tee Hee ( which I never read). Although I have issues that due to my own choices and mistakes are requiring quick desicions I am trying to read all the " read first" sections so I am not asking redndant questions that the OG's here have heard over and over again making them burned out on newbies. Having said that I will do my best to follow the guidelines and what not you all have put together for newbies like me. I am sure somewhere along the line I will do some credit board no-no's regardless how hard I try so in advance I will take suggestions, advice and being pointed to threads that cover topics that are probably well covered somewhere. It is just overwhelming to come across a site dedicated to regular people helping each other have a better debt free life and learning how to have "emergency credit" on hand . I have a daughter who is about to be 19 and want her to see how easy it is to @#%^ your credit and how hard it is to rebuild so as I clean up mine I want her to learn to keep her financial house in order. Sorry for being long winded and emmo but having grown up with a family that got a checking account with the attitude you could shop till the checkbook is empty, with no money in the bank :( I really am not a board hoard or self promoter. I just felt it important to express what all the members of this site contribute to ... a stronger, more ethical next generation via momma's experience and a chance to have a strong future for them selves and not have a mother who is dependent on their sucess. any pointers, links or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Ciao

#582 texastyke

texastyke
  • Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:41 AM

Found CB by googling for "credit repair". After trying a couple of sites found, I came across CB and have been hooked ever since. The information and help provided is awesome!

#583 e17jo1

e17jo1
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:24 AM

I heard it mentioned on the Clark Howard Show.

#584 bravesfanz

bravesfanz
  • Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

I found CB from google and just clicked on the site. Best site I have ever found in my life. I have been reading for a week now and have learned
a lot that I was scared to dwell in. I know there is hope and I have already started to act and get my credit repaired. Thanks to the ones who brought
this site to us. I look forward to meeting people on here and look forward to a better healthier credit life!...Posted Image

#585 SDelPrete

SDelPrete
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:15 AM

Found this site from a business credit blog I follow every now and then. So far it seems great!

#586 Lone Strange

Lone Strange
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 February 2012 - 05:29 PM

Good old Google got me here. I'm reading up now, but my list of questions keeps expanding.

#587 Malaika

Malaika
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 01:39 AM

okay this board is a little confusing so I am going to post my question here. Please don't hate me for it :rolleyes: . I have a judgement for car reposession and I have been told to just fight it stating that I have no knowledge of it ....but I know this is not a good idea. Another way, is that I was planning to appeal it myself because it is affecting my job hunt with police departments. I am a criminal justice major and I will be graduating this May 2012 and this judgement is just making my job hunt sour :sorry: . Well I was planning to appeal it stating that there is no way I can pay this debt if I can't get hired (not sure if this would work but thought I should try it) Also, can this affect my husband ? I don't want his wages or any of assets to be garnished because of me. I need help! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Oh also, this judgement is in California. Thank you so much :wave:

#588 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 25 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

okay this board is a little confusing so I am going to post my question here. Please don't hate me for it :rolleyes: . I have a judgement for car reposession and I have been told to just fight it stating that I have no knowledge of it ....but I know this is not a good idea. Another way, is that I was planning to appeal it myself because it is affecting my job hunt with police departments. I am a criminal justice major and I will be graduating this May 2012 and this judgement is just making my job hunt sour :sorry: . Well I was planning to appeal it stating that there is no way I can pay this debt if I can't get hired (not sure if this would work but thought I should try it) Also, can this affect my husband ? I don't want his wages or any of assets to be garnished because of me. I need help! Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Oh also, this judgement is in California. Thank you so much :wave:

We don't mind people posting here, but you have a much better chance of getting help if you post your own topic.

Go here http://creditboards....php?showforum=2 and click the button that says "start new topic" to post your question.

#589 chitown2ohio

chitown2ohio
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 03:17 PM

A good friend told me about it and he has high praises for this site! Cant wait to dive in and learn!

#590 DfD

DfD
  • Newbies
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 March 2012 - 04:20 PM

I found CB, from someone at my work place. I'm very glad I have become a member here.

#591 Ferradinho

Ferradinho
  • Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 March 2012 - 12:05 AM

I finally found CB after many hours searching online. I was originally looking for a way to fight back against CA's and JDB's and secondarily to learn about credit repair. I was fortunate to find this forum about 3 weeks ago and have already started to process of cleaning things up. I knew there were many credit repair companies out there but had always heard that they charge high fees to "attempt" to clean up credit and that they did absolutely nothing that any consumer with the knowledge was able to do.
After getting copies of my reports (and finally understanding them) I realized the massive amount of inaccurate information that is damaging my financial future. I'm excited to start putting more of what I learn here into practice.

#592 Student Loan Killer

Student Loan Killer
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:55 AM

I found CB through a search engine. I have a large amount of student loan debt, am trying to buy a house, and am looking for a little guidance on what I can do to improve my credit as much as possible. I'm excited to be here and it looks like a great place!

#593 tecshaun

tecshaun
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I found this site through google. Wasn't sure how active the board was after looking around for a while because it seems everything seems to be dated back to years ago. It's a wealth of knowledge though and I'm enjoying digging in.

#594 MrPlastik

MrPlastik
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:31 AM

Google for me. I discovered you guys last year.

#595 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:34 AM

The newbies section was created a while back, but that information is still good. People cannot post in it, that's why it looks inactive. The rest of the board flies by so fast it's hard to keep up. :D

#596 mungojerrie

mungojerrie
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:22 AM

I found you through a google search for West Asset Management complaints. Good to know I'm not the only one who has issues with them.

#597 flappymom

flappymom
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 02:15 PM

I was looking for grants for veterans to help with closing costs. I found this one website that referred me her.

#598 iRobbot

iRobbot
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:31 PM

My mother actually found this forum years ago when she was trying to repair her credit to buy a house... then how to fight the foreclosure/successfully go through bankruptcy herself. She directed me here when I turned 18 so that I could try and build up my credit (better than she did hopefully). Now I'm a few cards in, attempting to do some b*, and getting my SO to get some cards and learn about this whole thing.

#599 Stinson

Stinson
  • Newbies
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

Hello all. :D I clicked on the dot in front of search engine for how I found creditboards. But I have to admit i wasn't looking for a credit forum. I was looking for a spreadsheet to track my credit cards with. When I was told I couldn't have the spreadsheet unless I became a member I decided that i probably needed more that just a spreadsheet. Hmmmmm. :glare: Maybe some insight from other members will help me not dig some of the financial holes I keep getting into.
I keep telling myself that the reason I can't stick to living within my means is because the ends of my means and my necesary expenses don't see each other across the room much less meet. i would love to find out that I am wrong.:blush:

#600 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,463 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 01:48 PM

:wave:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.