Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

How you found creditboards

• Please log in to reply
933 replies to this topic

Poll: How did you find creditboards.com? (3119 member(s) have cast votes)

How did you find creditboards.com?

1. From another credit discussion board (634 votes [18.66%])

Percentage of vote: 18.66%

2. Voted From another non-credit discussion board (350 votes [10.30%])

Percentage of vote: 10.30%

3. I am one of the founding members (23 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

4. Voted From a search engine (1495 votes [44.01%])

Percentage of vote: 44.01%

5. Voted A friend told me about CB (486 votes [14.31%])

Percentage of vote: 14.31%

6. From the "Smart Money" Magazine article (37 votes [1.09%])

Percentage of vote: 1.09%

7. From the Clark Howard show (23 votes [0.68%])

Percentage of vote: 0.68%

8. Voted Other (321 votes [9.45%])

Percentage of vote: 9.45%

9. Voted I'm not telling (28 votes [0.82%])

Percentage of vote: 0.82%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#26 Rina

Rina
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 03:52 PM

I followed you guys from CN!

P.S. Hi, Breeze & Marci - thanks for checking up on me. DH & I are looking to buy a house, so most of my online time is spent on Realtor.com.

#27 breeze

breeze

Site Owners & FC XXXVIII <3

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:10 PM

<wave> Hi Rina! We miss you. :D Keep us posted on the house hunting, K? I know you're having fun!!

#28 Rina

Rina
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:32 PM

Househunting is doing a number on our emotions - it's our first time at it, so we're happy, excited, scared all at once, and the hot seller's market in NJ isn't doing much to make us comfortable.

There's a house we bid on last Sunday, and the sellers made a counteroffer. We've since made a 2nd offer, but they didn't want to come down lower. Today we asked our agent to say we'll split the difference; if they disagree we'll agree to their higher price on the condition that they don't consider other offers. Otherwise, we walk. So we're on pins & needles until she calls us after getting in touch w/ the seller's agent.

#29 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:34 PM

Oh how exciting!! Got a picture of it? You can post graphics here.

#30 Rina

Rina
  • Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:45 PM

Actually, we didn't even find this one on realtor.com, so there was no picture or virtual tour. The agent we were working with told me about it the day before it officially came on the market because the listing agent works in her office. I saw it on my lunch hour last Friday, took my husband to see it Saturday, we thought it over & made an offer Sunday.

#31 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 03 May 2003 - 04:48 PM

Woo hoo!! Well, you can take a picture if you get it, then. Fingers crossed. :wink:

#32 piggybank

piggybank
  • Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 12 May 2003 - 01:25 AM

It was the voices in my head......'there's a place......a BETTER place...' they kept saying. (Ok, I followed a link while I was doing a little research over at Bayhouse).
It's great to see so many new 'old' faces here. I've been mostly a longtime lurker of all the boards, soaking up as much info as possible. All of you folks do such an amazing job of helping people like myself. Thanks to much of your help and guidance over the years (I have to brag here) EQ now considers me PRIME--I got my highest FICO ever today, a 777!!! (think I'd like to keep that one, has a nice ring to it!).
I'm gonna stick around, lurking.....still have a little EXP problem to correct. And, I'll gladly offer advice to anyone that I might be able to help. I'm no credit expert, but I do have a 4-drawer filing cabinet FULL of information that I've collected throughout my credit journey AND I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, I think.
Seriously folks.....a wonderful board and a BIG 'thank you' for all that you do!

#33 Quixote

Quixote
  • Members
  • 658 posts

Posted 16 May 2003 - 09:05 AM

I followed the sound of slamming doors... :wink:

#34 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 12:22 AM

piggybank, what a great score!! So glad you found us! Please do stick around and help others along way way you have travelled. It's very rewarding. :D

It was the voices in my head......'there's a place......a BETTER place...' they kept saying. (Ok, I followed a link while I was doing a little research over at Bayhouse).
It's great to see so many new 'old' faces here.  I've been mostly a longtime lurker of all the boards, soaking up as much info as possible.  All of you folks do such an amazing job of helping people like myself.  Thanks to much of your help and guidance over the years (I have to brag here) EQ now considers me PRIME--I got my highest FICO ever today, a 777!!! (think I'd like to keep that one, has a nice ring to it!).
I'm gonna stick around, lurking.....still have a little EXP problem to correct.  And, I'll gladly offer advice to anyone that I might be able to help.  I'm no credit expert, but I do have a 4-drawer filing cabinet FULL of information that I've collected throughout my credit journey AND I have stayed at a Holiday Inn Express before, I think.
Seriously folks.....a wonderful board and a BIG 'thank you' for all that you do!

#35 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 12:27 AM

Posted Image

I followed the sound of slamming doors... :wink:

#36 BizCredit

BizCredit
  • Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 17 May 2003 - 10:55 PM

Posted Image

Oh Boy!!! what a Smiley!!! Wheeredidya Geitit from????!!!
--
Posted Image

#37 mk57nato

mk57nato
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 01:50 PM

heh belive it or not i found this forum from a roundabout way... i found it through somebody flaming someone on Hardforum. They mentioned something about those bad people on credit net (he was bagging on this being like them) and i thought hey lets check that out :lol:
Which led to other credit forums, and finally here :lol:

#38 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 18 May 2003 - 02:23 PM

LOL, well welcome, I guess flaming brings about good in some cases, hehe.

#39 Josh125

Josh125
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:28 AM

I got linked up in an off topic forum at reefcentral.com

Saltwater reef tanks are my passion/hobby and the hobby it not cheap, hence creditboards.

:)

#40 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 12:32 AM

You're kidding! They're talking about us at reefcentral.com? Amazing!!

Welcome to the board!! Saltwater beaches are my hobby. Maybe a little snorkling. :D

I got linked up in an off topic forum at reefcentral.com

Saltwater reef tanks is my passion/hobby and the hobby it not cheap, hence creditboards.

:)

#41 Josh125

Josh125
  • Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:29 AM

Yes you all got a good mention so I thought I would come and check out what the fuss was about :) Great site, it seems vB is the norm anymore. I am glad I found out though, I have already picked up on a lot of good info.

#42 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 22 May 2003 - 01:41 AM

Thanks, Josh, That's good to hear. reefcentral is a beautiful site! That looks like a great hobby. Just read some of the tips about getting higher credit lines and lower rates without inquiries, maybe some free money (0% offers) and you'll be all set. You've got a good score already! Of course, we are obsessed with making them (scores) better and finding better deals, hehe.

#43 redheadedmom

redheadedmom
  • Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 07:05 PM

I found you months ago through "Frugal Living" on ivillage, LOL. I stopped coming for a couple of months after my life got kinda nutty :-). But, I 'm back and soaking up all I can to try and get my credit in order. I hope you all know how very many of us lurk, lurk, and try to work on our credit. I only post when I've searched here for answers first. . . . I'm thrilled to recieve the help I get here! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Cheers, RHM :lol:

#44 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 25 May 2003 - 07:23 PM

Frugal living, huh? I should probably go there, hehe. Glad you're here!

#45 Steffie

Steffie
  • Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 05 June 2003 - 11:11 PM

I was on another forum --- not a credit one --- and happened to ask about Credit Repair agencies and someone told me about this board! I lurked around for a few days -- reading and trying to learn about all this FOREIGN stuff!! Then I finally joined!! And I have fixed one error that was probably pretty bad -- on Equifax and I am waiting for the new report from them! I am working up to disputes!!

THANKS!!

#46 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 06 June 2003 - 12:44 AM

Great start Steffie! Welcome!

#47 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 03:17 PM

I have just followed a link from another credit board. I didn't know y'all were putting this up! I should pay more attention to my surroundings.

BTW, this site looks like its gonna be (already IS) a big success.

Congratulations on a job well done.

I love the little faces! I think that if you asked those who know me personally which one best visually describes me it would be this one: :shock:

#48 humblemarc

humblemarc
  • Members
  • 1,567 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 04:21 PM

hey sirrowan.

if i remember correctly. that's the doberman's name?

#49 breeze

breeze

• Admin
  • 47,207 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 05:20 PM

Sirrowan!! Great to see you here!! Welcome!

Our board is doing great - of course it's because of all the terrific members. :D

#50 sirrowan

sirrowan
  • Members
  • 1,400 posts

Posted 10 June 2003 - 09:42 AM

hey sirrowan.

if i remember correctly.  that's the doberman's name?

yep, that was my doberman's name. I use his name to keep his memory alive. He was my favorite dog in the world. People probably think I'm a little nuts, but he was very special to me.

Good memory!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.