Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Asset Acceptance / UN COL TOL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 gadell

gadell
  • Newbies
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 July 2005 - 12:19 PM

Hi Everyone,

First I want to thank everyone for all of the help that I have received from these boards... I am amazed at the success that I have already achieved using the information found here.

My problem now is this... I have a Paid Collection for (Asset Acceptance Of course) that I paid to get them to go away (Before I came here). The original account was in the name of a company that I was an officer of, and it wasn't actually my electric bill.

I disputed all three with a "not mine" and they all verified. To make matters worse, I recently was told by my mortgage company that before I close I must pay or escrow $973 because of a "Colletion Account" which only shows on TU.

The "Collection Account" is for someone listed as UN COL TOL. This is an older CA before Asset Acceptance, but I was never contacted by them, and I actually paid ASS after them.

I want to DV them before my closing, but there is no address available on the CR so I don't even know the address.

Sorry for the long post... Any ideas?

Gadell

ASSET ACCEPT

Creditor Name: ASSET ACCEPT
Account No.: 123456789
Original Creditor: DTE ENERGY
Responsibility: Individual
Condition: Paid
Original Balance: $1022
Balance: $0
Date Opened: 01/07/2003
Date Reported: 12/22/2004

Remarks:
[TransUnion] Paid collection
[Experian]
[Equifax]

UN COLL TOL

Creditor Name: UN COLL TOL
Account No.: 123456789
Original Creditor: DETROIT EDISON
Responsibility: Individual
Condition: Derogatory
Original Balance: $973
Balance: $973
Date Opened: 11/01/2002
Date Reported: 12/01/2002

Remarks:
[TransUnion] Placed for collection
[Experian]
[Equifax]

edited by admin to remove personal information

Edited by Pam, 19 July 2005 - 10:36 AM.

#2 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

I'd just dispute as "not mine"...chances are it will come off

same with Asset...and DV the crap out of them

#3 pryan67

pryan67

Mikey, the Life cereal kid

• Mod Squad
  • 49,118 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:11 PM

I'd just dispute as "not mine"...chances are it will come off

same with Asset...and DV the crap out of them

also, if those are the real account numbers, ask a Mod to edit them out for you...too risky to leave them in there

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.