Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

GEORGE ASKED FOR ID part II

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#1 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:02 PM

I finally got the VISA USA E-MAIL SENT...

So I did the actual credit card company (CHASE UNITED VISA) YESTERDAY and now VISA USA TODAY...

Not sure about SUBWAY...THEY COULD PROBABLY CARE LESS (since they made up the ID CHECK IN THE FIRST PLACE)

Also they ask too many questions...

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
PHONE

#2 BBQ123

BBQ123
  • Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:04 PM

They want to be able to contact you and they want to be able to contact the merchant.

Don't let this stop you from reporting a violator of the merchant agreement.

#3 hlburi

hlburi

Colonel Mustard

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:06 PM

So I did the actual credit card company (CHASE UNITED VISA) YESTERDAY and now VISA USA TODAY...

Not sure about SUBWAY...THEY COULD PROBABLY CARE LESS (since they made up the ID CHECK IN THE FIRST PLACE)

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
PHONE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

George, from what I understand about Subways is that they are all franchises and independently owned. So you are probably right...the owner of the one that did that to you probably could care less. I go to Subway a lot here in Houston and have been to several different locations and used my CC and none of them have EVER asked me for my ID. Just an FYI. Probably just something that guy has decided to do at his location. And he probably is not aware of the Visa/MC policy...or doesn't care. Stay strong! You are my credit hero! :clapping:

#4 InsultComicDog

InsultComicDog
  • Members
  • 3,754 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:07 PM

I'm inspired... there's a place down the street from where I work that has a sign on their door... $10 minimum for VISA/MC before tip. I'm tempted to order a $5 breakfast and use my card...

#5 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:13 PM

They want to be able to contact you and they want to be able to contact the merchant.

Don't let this stop you from reporting a violator of the merchant agreement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
PHONE

SUBWAY IS ASKING...

#6 BBQ123

BBQ123
  • Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:13 PM

I'm inspired... there's a place down the street from where I work that has a sign on their door... $10 minimum for VISA/MC before tip. I'm tempted to order a $5 breakfast and use my card...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

DO IT...

Tell them you have no cash and your checkbook is at home. so they can either accept the card or not get paid. Most likely they'll take it... mention to them the policy of no minium allowed for Visa/MC/Amex.

#7 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 07:15 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minimum Purchase

Visa merchants are not permitted to establish minimum transaction amounts, even on sale items. They also are not permitted to charge you a fee when you want to use your Visa card.

If you run into a problem like this with a merchant, please notify the financial institution that issued you your Visa card. These institutions have access to the appropriate Visa rules and regulations and can help you document and file your complaint. You'll find their address and/or telephone number on your Visa statement. Their telephone number may also appear on the back of the card itself.

#8 exotic

exotic
  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:12 PM

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
PHONE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THATS THE WAY TO GO... :dntknw:

#9 clevermonkey

clevermonkey
  • Members
  • 448 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:17 PM

Walmart does that to me here and it drives me nuts. Both times recently they have asked I have had my wallet put away, purse zipped up and bags in hand just waiting to sign the slip when they demand my ID. Then the cashier just sits there and watches me struggle to unload everything and of couse I have to dig it out of my wallet and then sign while juggling all that stuff.

#10 BBQ123

BBQ123
  • Members
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:18 PM

NAME
ADDRESS
CITY
STATE
ZIP
PHONE

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THATS THE WAY TO GO... :dntknw:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Most likely they will mail you a form letter of apology.

#11 exotic

exotic
  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NIGHT CLUBS IN ORLANDO HAVE A "MINIMUM" OF "$20.00" WITHOUT TIP IN ORDER TO USE "ANY TYPE OF CREDIT OR CHARGE CARD".

IS THAT LEGAL??

THEY "FORCE" A SINGLE(solo) PERSON TO PURCHASE DRINKS IN EXCESS OF THAT AMOUNT IN ORDER TO ACCEPT THE CARD(s). UNFAIR
:dntknw:

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :D

MAYBE THAT EXPLAINS WHY THERE IS SO MANY "DUI's" AND OR CAR ACCIDENTS. ;)

Edited by exotic, 01 July 2005 - 08:25 PM.

#12 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:21 PM

Walmart does that to me here and it drives me nuts. Both times recently they have asked I have had my wallet put away, purse zipped up and bags in hand just waiting to sign the slip when they demand my ID. Then the cashier just sits there and watches me struggle to unload everything and of couse I have to dig it out of my wallet and then sign while juggling all that stuff.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

"IF" YOUR CARD IS SIGNED (WITH YOUR NAME)...JUST SAY NO!!!

#13 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:22 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

NIGHT CLUBS IN ORLANDO HAVE A "MINIMUM" OF "$20.00" WITHOUT TIP IN ORDER TO USE "ANY TYPE OF CREDIT OR CHARGE CARD".

IS THAT LEGAL??

THEY "FORCE" A SINGLE(solo) PERSON TO PURCHASE DRINKS IN EXCESS OF THAT AMOUNT IN ORDER TO ACCEPT THE CARD(s). UNFAIR
:dntknw:

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

MINIMUM CHARGES ARE A VIOLATION!!!

Edited by GEORGE, 01 July 2005 - 08:23 PM.

#14 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:25 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IS THAT LEGAL??

<_<

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minimum Purchase

Visa merchants are not permitted to establish minimum transaction amounts, even on sale items. They also are not permitted to charge you a fee when you want to use your Visa card.

If you run into a problem like this with a merchant, please notify the financial institution that issued you your Visa card. These institutions have access to the appropriate Visa rules and regulations and can help you document and file your complaint. You'll find their address and/or telephone number on your Visa statement. Their telephone number may also appear on the back of the card itself.

#15 hlburi

hlburi

Colonel Mustard

• Members
  • 3,139 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:27 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IS THAT LEGAL??

<_<

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are essentially "forcing" people to drink whether they want to or not...they could find themselves in trouble with more than just Mastercard and Visa. That smells like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen...

#16 exotic

exotic
  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:29 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IS THAT LEGAL??

<_<

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. ;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Minimum Purchase

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BEEN THERE DONE THAT, THEY DONT CARE.

CARD ISSUER "CITIBANK" MASTERCARD.
SECOND CARD "AMERICAN EXPRESS".

THEY BOTH DID "NADA". :angry:

#17 exotic

exotic
  • Members
  • 751 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 08:37 PM

WENT LAST WEEKEND TO ANOTHER "NIGHTCLUB" I WAS MINGLING IN "VIP" ASK FOR A TWO DRINKS, SWIPED MY CARD OUT IN "VIP" THIS TIME THE "GOLD CARD" THE GUY LOOKS AT ME AND SAY'S "YOU CAN'T PAY FOR THAT WITH A CREDIT CARD" "MINIMUM HERE IS $200.00+ YOU WANT TO SPEND $200.00+ I CAN ADD THE TWO DRINK TO THE BILL AND CHARGE YOUR CARD".

I SAID "NO, ARE YOU CRAZY".

#18 LadyIris

LadyIris
  • Newbies
  • 28 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:18 PM

Minimum Purchase

I noticed a donut shop I visited the other day had a hand-written sign on the door about a minimum $10 purchase to use a credit card. However, it was "requesting" rather than demanding that credit card purchases be over $10 and they did say "please" As a merchant myself, I can see how the fees on a hundred $3.21 purchases a day could suck for them.

As long as they're just requesting this minimum and not denying cards for purchases under $10, they'd technically not be breaking the rules, right?

I'd test my theory and see if they'll give me a hard time using VISA for my $4 donut purchase, but frankly.. I don't want to be simultaneously pissing someone off and handing them my VISA card.

#19 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:45 PM

Minimum Purchase

I noticed a donut shop I visited the other day had a hand-written sign on the door about a minimum $10 purchase to use a credit card. However, it was "requesting" rather than demanding that credit card purchases be over $10 and they did say "please" As a merchant myself, I can see how the fees on a hundred $3.21 purchases a day could suck for them.

As long as they're just requesting this minimum and not denying cards for purchases under $10, they'd technically not be breaking the rules, right?

I'd test my theory and see if they'll give me a hard time using VISA for my $4 donut purchase, but frankly.. I don't want to be simultaneously pissing someone off and handing them my VISA card.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CREDIT CARD FEES ARE STILL TAX DEDUCTABLE FOR THE BUSINESS LAST I KNEW!!!

JUST LIKE

WATER
SEWER
TRASH
ELECTRIC
GAS
PHONE
PAYROLL

DO THEY COMPLAIN ABOUT THOSE CHARGES???

#20 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:48 PM

THE DONUT SHOP WOULD REALLY BE HAPPIER THAT YOU SPENT NOTHING THAN SPEND $4.00 AND USE YOUR VISA CARD???

#21 justin28004

justin28004
  • Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 09:59 PM

I've noticed that most of the businesses that tend to put these min. purchase signs up are small independant businesses...that often are hardest hit by the CC fee's but still want to offer it for their customers convienance. Starbucks can take the fee's without blinking, but the struggling Hank's Coffee Shop down the street might be on the verge already of going out of business.

In my experience the signs are usually just a request. I've ignored them and never had anyone bring it up. I tend to like to support the underdog though and try when possible to accomodate their request by using cash or just buying enough stuff to make it worth their while.

#22 fadlan12

fadlan12
  • Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:06 PM

Since when is payroll a tax deduction? Companies would love giving out raises!

#23 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:10 PM

Since when is payroll a tax deduction?  Companies would love giving out raises!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

THEN PAYROLL OFFSETS THE PROFIT

P & L

DID I USE THE WRONG TERMS???

SHOOT ME!!!

I'M ONLY AN IDIOT!!!

#24 devobail

devobail
  • Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:11 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

IS THAT LEGAL??

:angel:

I HAVE COMPLAINT TO "VISA & MASTERCARD" THEY HAVEN'T DONE A SINGLE THING ABOUT IT. :blush:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If they are essentially "forcing" people to drink whether they want to or not...they could find themselves in trouble with more than just Mastercard and Visa. That smells like a huge lawsuit waiting to happen...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Or you could use common sense and buy a Pepsi!! :blush2:

#25 GEORGE

GEORGE
  • Members
  • 81,453 posts

Posted 01 July 2005 - 10:14 PM

I've noticed that most of the businesses that tend to put these min. purchase signs up are small independant businesses...that often are hardest hit by the CC fee's but still want to offer it for their customers convienance. Starbucks can take the fee's without blinking, but the struggling Hank's Coffee Shop down the street might be on the verge already of going out of business.

In my experience the signs are usually just a request. I've ignored them and never had anyone bring it up. I tend to like to support the underdog though and try when possible to accomodate their request by using cash or just buying enough stuff to make it worth their while.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

CASH???

What kind of rewards do you get for using that???

I DON'T INCREASE THE AMOUNT OF A PURCHASE TO CONFORM TO AN ILLEGAL REQUEST FOR A MINIMUM PURCHASE!!!

Edited by GEORGE, 01 July 2005 - 10:15 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.