Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Can I use HIPPA to get myself out of Chexsystems?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sunnyj

sunnyj
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 29 June 2005 - 02:05 PM

Can I use the HIPPA laws to get myself out of Chexsystems or Telecheck?

I wrote a check to a "doc in-the-box" and they held it for a long time. I closed the account before I realized they had not cashed the check. Stupid on my part, yes, I know.

Anyway I am in Chexsystems and have a big mess the courts in Dallas.

The person at the court says I can pay the doctor and just have them call the court call and take care of all that stuff, but what about Chexsystems?

Telecheck says you can pay and they delte their files on you but Chexsystems is 5 years. I have gone to www.chexvictims.com and know basically how to dispute Chexsystems, but these HIPPA laws get me thinking.

If I pay the doc won't the bank have to delete because of HIPPA?

#2 sunnyj

sunnyj
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 03 July 2005 - 02:54 PM

bump.

Anybody???

:clapping:

#3 johnm160

johnm160
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 04 July 2005 - 09:51 AM

The bank has nothing to do with HIPPA they simply reported a NSF to Chexsystems it has nothing to do with who it was written out to.

Just make sure not to close any existing accounts you have. I finally got out of Chexsystems last december. Treat the accounts you have like gold. New ones are hard to come by.

Good Luck

#4 sunnyj

sunnyj
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 12:30 AM

bump

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.