Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Does anyone know what the required FICO is

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Snglmom

Snglmom
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:00 PM

for Target?? They pull EQ here in Washington so that would be good for me.....

#2 BizCredit

BizCredit
  • Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:03 PM

target guest card is supposed to be pretty easy. limit is smallllllll though...

#3 komputerjeanyus

komputerjeanyus
  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:06 PM

I never heard back from Target and I am in NC. I did get a WalMart guest card with a small limit and my score was sub-600 at the time. Hope that helps.

#4 Snglmom

Snglmom
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:07 PM

Depending on how small that might be a good start for me....besides my 8yr old has already blown the knees out of two pair of jeans and we are only a week into school....OMG....I can't afford this child....LOL LOL LOL

#5 komputerjeanyus

komputerjeanyus
  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:10 PM

I got a $200 limit...I put 5% of the balance on it this past week :)

#6 crackerjack

crackerjack
  • Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:13 PM

I never heard back from Target and I am in NC. I did get a WalMart guest card with a small limit and my score was sub-600 at the time. Hope that helps.

How did you apply for the Wal-Mart card?

#7 BizCredit

BizCredit
  • Members
  • 5,782 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:15 PM

snglemom:

what is your EFX fico? inflated, or "deflalted"? :-)

#8 Snglmom

Snglmom
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:16 PM

So who does Wal Mart pull???? BTW....are either Target or WallyWorld (that's what we call Wal Mart) BK and or CO friendly????

#9 Snglmom

Snglmom
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 12:23 PM

BM.....MyFico has my EQ at 665

#10 Pam

Pam

Site Owner

• Admin
  • 12,093 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:08 PM

BM.....MyFico has my EQ at 665

Do you have any disputes going on?

If not, with a FICO of 665 you should have no problems getting a Target guest card.

#11 Snglmom

Snglmom
  • Members
  • 951 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:19 PM

Pam I have one charge off marked disputed on my EQ report and a 1997 BK

#12 schram12

schram12
  • Members
  • 198 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 01:21 PM

i got a target guest card my score was around 620,with a 200.00 CL that was a few months ago and they already upped my limit to 500.00 just last month I couldnt believe it I didnt even ask for it.

#13 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:21 PM

So who does Wal Mart pull????  BTW....are either Target or WallyWorld (that's what we call Wal Mart) BK and or CO friendly????

I think the WallyWorld card is issued by Chase. Could be wrong, but that is what is in my addled memory. I have a Chase card, and Chase pulled TransUnion when I applied. It isn't a WalMart card, however.

#14 komputerjeanyus

komputerjeanyus
  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:22 PM

For Wallyworld you have to apply over the phone and I think they pull EQ....sorry for the delay in getting back to you snglmom.

#15 willgator

willgator
  • Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:31 PM

MY EQ WAS 748 WITH NO BADDIES EVER 14 YEARS HISTORY AND GOT A 800 DOLLAR LINE TARGET BLOWS GOATS :shock:

#16 komputerjeanyus

komputerjeanyus
  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:39 PM

The Wallyworld guest card is issued by GE Finanical...the WalMart Chase Visa is through Chase bank.

#17 Kona

Kona
  • Members
  • 9,799 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:42 PM

There are two different WalMart cards...one is restricted to Walmart related stores, etc.; the other is WalMart MasterCard issued by Chase. You can apply online at Walmart for the MasterCard or by phone or at the local WalMart for the restricted use card. Most people I know who have the WalMart card went for the MasterCard so it could be used in a variety of places. But if WalMart is the primary place, then the regular WalMart card would work. According to the WalMart website, it is issued by the Bank of Georgia which does several store cards.

#18 ByrdDogX

ByrdDogX
  • Members
  • 732 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:45 PM

MY EQ WAS 748 WITH NO BADDIES EVER 14 YEARS HISTORY AND GOT A 800 DOLLAR LINE TARGET BLOWS GOATS :shock:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: - Who needs 'em.

#19 komputerjeanyus

komputerjeanyus
  • Members
  • 501 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 03:46 PM

There are two different WalMart cards...one is restricted to Walmart related stores, etc.; the other is WalMart MasterCard issued by Chase. You can apply online at Walmart for the MasterCard or by phone or at the local WalMart for the restricted use card. Most people I know who have the WalMart card went for the MasterCard so it could be used in a variety of places. But if WalMart is the primary place, then the regular WalMart card would work. According to the WalMart website, it is issued by the Bank of Georgia which does several store cards.

I am referring the "in-store" only card. BOG must be part of GE Finanical because I have the GE logo on my Wally World Guest card...and you can only get that card by going into the store or applying over the phone. I stand corrected...the Chase card is Walmart Mastercard and not Visa...that card can be applied for online.

#20 willgator

willgator
  • Members
  • 6,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 04:34 PM

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: - Who needs 'em.

NOT ME THAT'S FOR sure the card was open for about 10 minutes, it took that long to get to a phone LOL

#21 Iris

Iris
  • Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 11:53 AM

From Wal-Mart's web site:
"To apply for a Wal-Mart Credit Card today, call toll-free 1-877-969-3668 from 8 a.m. to midnight (ET) Monday-Friday; from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m. (ET) Saturday, and from noon to 5 p.m. (ET) Sunday."

http://www.walmart.c.../ca_or_wmcc.gsp

Doesn't look like you can apply online, though there's also a mention that you can apply in the store.

#22 Alex

Alex
  • Members
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image
FYI The Walmart store card reports correctly to all three CRA's. They let me call and ask for CL increase once every 4 months. I get a small increase each time. I was offered one with a true Pre-approved offer 2.5 years after BK CH 7. I don't now why I got the offer but I sure was grateful. It's a good card. :wink:

The Target Guest (store) card is definitely BK friendly and can be had with a FICO of 605 to 620 or better. It does not report correctly to Experian or Equifax, but it does report correctly to Trans Union. In any case it's a good credit builder. It's a plus to have a store card if you don't already have one. If you get one, instead of just activating it, call the 800 number on the back of the card, and ask for an APR reduction. Minimum CL is $200.

The Target Visa is also BK friendly but is supposedly a little harder to get.
Posted Image
For people with prior BK's what I recommend is to apply specifically for a Target Guest card, and then, six months later, apply for the Target Visa card. There is a special box you have to check if you want to apply for just the Target Guest (store) card.

Walmart Chase cards are definitely BK unfriendly as are all Chase cards.

#23 Alex

Alex
  • Members
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 06 September 2003 - 12:20 PM

Oh and the Walmart applications are available at the store as you leave the store. :wink:

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.