Welcome to CreditBoards!

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to CreditBoards! Like most online communities, you must register to post in our community, but don't worry - this is a simple process requiring minimal information for you to sign up. Be a part of CreditBoards by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Read These Items!

• If you're getting an Authentication mismatch error: Clear your cache. Log out of CB. Delete your cookie. Close your browser. Open your browser and log back in.

Photo

Pay for Delete Success Stories

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:55 AM

If you've had a PFD success then post it here.

Who:

How:

Amount:

etc.

#2 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 03:53 PM

*bump*

#3 sharpshooter73

sharpshooter73
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:21 PM

I'm waiting on a response from West Asset Management. As soon as I hear back, I will post it here.

#4 thinkingman

thinkingman
  • Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:35 PM

i know GEORGE will have a fitbut------- i went in and talked to the OC a hospital i told them as long as they had my accts. listed with a CA i couldnt get the money to pay them and if they would take the debt out of CA hands id pay---poof i paid first on on the spot(was only$68) and in 2 days they were deleted off my reports i pay them every month and so far nothing has come back on--so you can make deals with creditors i figured i only risked one paid collection if they didnt do as they agreed and its working for me also they agreed in writing to this deal

#5 sharpshooter73

sharpshooter73
  • Members
  • 385 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 09:40 PM

WAM is also for a medical bill. 1 of 5 medical COs I'm dealing with... Luckily they are all small (under $300), except for one: $6333 - OUCH!

#6 moneymonkey

moneymonkey
  • Members
  • 414 posts

Posted 18 June 2005 - 10:12 PM

i know GEORGE will have a fitbut-------  i went in and talked to the OC a hospital  i told them as long as they had my accts. listed with a CA i couldnt get the money to pay them and if they would take the debt out of CA hands id pay---poof  i paid first on on the spot(was only$68) and in 2 days they were deleted off my reports i pay them every month and so far nothing has come back on--so you can make deals with creditors i figured  i only risked one paid collection if they didnt do as they agreed and its working for me also they agreed in writing to this deal

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow, has anyone else done this???

After my DV's fail to remove my Med debt which im sure they will ($19K) could I try this..

At least long enough to get a mort / car loan?

Edited by moneymonkey, 18 June 2005 - 10:12 PM.

#7 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:24 AM

Any Mo' Stories?

#8 blueskeet

blueskeet
  • Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 10:52 AM

Who: Equidata Collections

How: Their validation letter included internal investigation notes which after reading this board, I used to hold against them.

Amount: $113, original amount $226

Edited by blueskeet, 19 June 2005 - 10:52 AM.

#9 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:02 PM

So basically most people who offer PFD will offer half of what they owe?

#10 nearly_there

nearly_there
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:37 PM

IMHO PFD rarely works. It sounds like it would be a great idea, but creditors hate it.

Better off trying to rack up violations, it seems. Maybe then you'll have some leverage.

#11 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:48 PM

IMHO PFD rarely works. It sounds like it would be a great idea, but creditors hate it.

Better off trying to rack up violations, it seems. Maybe then you'll have some leverage.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone else feel the same way?

#12 shop_free

shop_free
  • Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 04:53 PM

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anyone else feel the same way?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No I don't feel this way...Though I've only had to request a PFD once, as I got everyone else after sending validations. Mine was with Jefferson Capital.
PFD is just one of many steps, it may work for some and not for others, some companies will accept it others will not.

Remember PFD is probably the last step before doing a CYA..Where most people fail is they use the PFD as one of the first options, it took me 6-7mths dealing with this CA before I sent the PFD.

#13 uglycredit

uglycredit
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:04 PM

Remember PFD is probably the last step before doing a CYA..Where most people fail is they use the PFD as one of the first options, it took me 6-7mths dealing with this CA before I sent the PFD.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

[/quote]

So what do you recommend doing if I am just at the beginning stage: lay low?

#14 shop_free

shop_free
  • Members
  • 2,273 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 05:11 PM

It depends on what your situation is.
The universal beginning steps are
opt out, delete/update personal info, dispute as not mine

Then after that steps vary..what's your dilemma, and what have you done thus far?

#15 Caglehead

Caglehead
  • Members
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:07 PM

Worked for me with American General.

And, I've gotten an offer from one of my medical CAs to delete if I pay - but I've got like 7 accts with them - roughly $150 each. So I havent done it yet.

#16 uglycredit

uglycredit
  • Members
  • 87 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 06:13 PM

It depends on what your situation is.
The universal beginning steps are
opt out, delete/update personal info, dispute as not mine

Then after that steps vary..what's your dilemma, and what have you done thus far?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) Opted out
2) Just finished writing letters to remove old addresses and names

The situation is I have a CAPITAL ONE with 650$ balance (I really used 300$ of that balance) I have not made a payment in 6 months and just got called by a collection agency who was willing to reduce the amount to 450$ but would no send me that offer in writing so I hung up on them. I have a job now and I can pay it in about 3 to 4 installments, I was wondering If a PFD would work in this case directly with CAP1 as the collection agency won't do anything positive.

#17 nearly_there

nearly_there
  • Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:19 PM

Cap1 doesn't do PFDs

#18 brookshire

brookshire
  • Members
  • 257 posts

Posted 19 June 2005 - 08:23 PM

Awwwww Crap..........(excuse the pun, lol)

Crap1 was one that I was hoping would do a PFD.

#19 Tequilarose

Tequilarose
  • Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:07 PM

I'm waiting on a response from West Asset Management. As soon as I hear back, I will post it here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sharpshooter -
Any luck with the PFD with West Asset Management? I have a $126 collection account listed with them. I've tried the not mine with no sucess and figure I'll pay it if they'll delete.

Just wondering what the outcome was - if any :huh:

#20 davebridget

davebridget
  • Members
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:17 PM

Who: Cross Country Bank

How: CA representing them sent a letter offering. I mailed the letter to Cross Country since they still owned the balance. They replied OK

Amount: 800

they just cashed the check. I'm waiting on the delete now.

#21 scubabri

scubabri
  • Members
  • 496 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:28 PM

PFD since March

Verizon CO, Planet feedback
Adelphia, worked out payment with OC and then found phone number, and emailed CEO of collection agency to do final delete
Socal Gas, Finacial credit network.. emailed C att to agree vEO
Socal Edison, Sent a letter to address on bill, and several phone calls.
Bellsouth, just got an agreement from collection att via email (we'll see)

So far, medcah, (Oceanic cable has denied), I'm gonna try with Dish Network as the OC, AFNI holds Dish and a Bellsouth account, but these are both large.

All of these have been small accounts though, less than $200 each, so I don't know if that made a difference.

In each instance I had moved, and never got or followed up on final bill

sb

#22 sunnyj

sunnyj
  • Members
  • 98 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:07 AM

So basically most people who offer PFD will offer half of what they owe?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So only a percentage? Half? 25% ? 75%?

#23 yurarse

yurarse
  • Members
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:13 AM

How: CA representing them sent a letter offering.  I mailed the letter to Cross Country since they still owned the balance.  They replied OK

Amount: 800

they just cashed the check.  I'm waiting on the delete now.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Me
I paid CA who represents CCB 47% of $2325 in March and I had to use BBB and FTC to get CCB to deleted of all 3 reports last month (waiting for TU to get deleted)

#24 dupree

dupree
  • Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:02 PM

Amount: $1245.00

When: June 30th

How: I told them I wanted to pay in full and they sent me a fax saying they will delete the tradelines from all reports within 90 days.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© Copyright 2003 - 2013 Creditboards.com. All rights reserved. No portion of this site may be reproduced without explicit permission from the owners. The content of creditboards.com is subject solely to the personal whim of its admins. We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to remove any and all posts or comments, at any time, for any reason which takes our entirely capricious fancy, or for no particular reason whatsoever, without restriction. Comments or questions regarding the site may be addressed to admin@creditboards.com.